Saturday 16 May 2015

Summer Jeansjacket

For the past two weeks I have been working on the greatest sewing project of this year so far for me, and I am now ready to show you the result!
I love jeans jackets but I have never found anyone anywere that fit my body. I am slim and tall and my arms are quite long. Either the waist is good but then the sleeve length is too short, or I have to go up a size to make the sleeves fit but then the waist is too wide. I have been very tired of these issues for years and this spring I decided to make a jacket myself to hopefully make it fit for all parts of my upper body.


I used a Burda jacket pattern from the latest BurdaStyle magazine but because I am who I am, a girl who always wants to make changes to make the garment fit "my style" I changed some things along the way.
For the pockets I cut out the pattern pieces as the original but I only used one piece of every pocket and kept the rounded shape on the sides.

Because the Swedish summer is not very warm I wanted a lining for this jacket to make it a bit more resistent to cold weather. I used the same fabric I used to make this cotton summer dress last year and I think the pattern of this fabric fits well with the blue jeans fabric.

I made this jacket in size 36 but if I cold do one change I would change it to a size 38, at least in the area around the shoulders and maybe in the waist because it feels a little tight in those areas when I have a sweatshirt or a hoodie under it.

I sew the lining into the jacket by hand because it was quite hard to do it with the sewing machine. It took a good while to finish it and my fingers were sore but it turned out nice and I am happy :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment